Saturday, July 9, 2011

Yellow Fever















For the first time in a long time I feel proud to be a Malaysian again.When you spend most of your life in foreign country, You almost forget where home really is & what it actually means to be part of a nation. I hardly take notice of what I was about to lose.

Its so easy to take things for granted, Sometimes we look over the "charade" thats happening on the other side of Malaysia & almost feel indifferent. As though its another scene from Cambodia,Myanmar.

Power came in a form of a one legged patriot, clad skimply in a pair of clutches & a yellow T.he marched on with such fervour & conviction it brought a tear to my eye. Such courage & determination that puts all of us sittin in our well air-conditioned rooms in shame.

Today I realise, even if I lose everything, I can pick up a fist full of soil & still claim ownership. Im deeply moved & inspired by those who fought for our rights today.

Good night folks.

If you are curious - www.bersih.org
or search youtube clips bersih2.0

No comments:

Post a Comment